06 March 2011

Have a Super Sonic Day

I just got home from the movie theater, where I saw The Adjustment Bureau. I went with Miss Cali & Miss Angie. It was a pretty good movie, all in all. Pretty adorable in the end, really. I am a sucker for that type of movie! In the last few weeks I have seen The Kings Speech, 127 Hours, & Tangled. All pretty great movies.

Well me & part of my Genocide class are heading to Washington D.C. this Wednesday. I am pretty darn excited. I have never been to D.C. & can't wait to get there. It'll be interesting to travel with a group from school. Especially since we are all getting there at different times, staying in different places, & just all meet at the Holocaust Museum Thursday morning. Hopefully I'll get around town okay! I plan on taking a ton of pictures & keeping my blog updated. We'll see how that goes!

Also, Monday morning I interview with the International Study Center at school. I signed up for the Northern Ireland Study Abroad Program for this summer. I am not too nervous to interview since they told us it is basically a formality. If you signed up & paid, you are going. It still doesn't seem very real to me. I've never even left the country! Now I'm going to go live in Ireland for a month. Crazy! I am super excited. It is such an amazing opportunity, & I am grateful for the opportunity to travel with the Peace & Justice Studies Department. I am also excited because my sister, Angie, is coming too. We are both working on a Peace & Justice minor & are incredibly lucky to be able to do this together (I hope she feels the same way!).

Let's see... What else? Well, school is going great & I really am enjoying the semester. Oh! And, not only am I going to D.C. & Ireland this year, but me & the fam are going to Hawaii in October. I am way excited about that. That means, this year I will go to three states I have never been to (Virginia, Maryland, & Hawaii) & to another country. Hooray for a year of traveling! That's about it! I'll try & be a bit better at keeping you posted!

1 comment:

sNick said...

Whoa!! You better post lots of pics and stuff about all those trips! I'm so excited for you!!