08 January 2009

Here's the Deal

When I walked out of the office after work today, the first think I noticed was the sky. It was so beautiful. The thing about sunsets is that no matter how many you have seen, you haven't seen them all. They are all unique in their own way. Every single one is different. Every time I see the gorgeous sky, I want pictures of it. And of course I didn't stash my camera in my car this morning. I thought about it but forgot. So I'm rushing home to get to my camera, watching as the intensity of the sky begins to fade, and I develop a serious case of road rage. I really need to work on that. I just can't help getting angry when people are driving like idiots. Anyways, I called my sister and asked her to run my camera out today to save time. Sped home, got camera, took pictures. End result...pictures that I am rather pleased with.

So the moral of this story is that I need to have my camera in my car at all times. One thing I need to work on is realizing that I am not going to be able to take pictures of every sunset. And I know that that is not possible, but I can't help but feel a sense of loss, you know? It is like yesterday. By the time I got home to get my camera (yes I forgot it again) the sunset was gone. And while I was driving I saw it begin to deteriorate and I couldn't help but feel that I was losing it. And I am . I will never ever be able to get every moment of every sunset. Of course I know this but... I don't know. I am rambling and not making much sense. That is my cue to take off. Have a good night!

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Your pictures are beautiful.