26 May 2009

Memorial Day

For Memorial Day this year, we headed up to the cabin. It is a family cabin up American Fork Canyon, by Tibble Fork. I'm pretty sure my grandparents bought it back in the day, or everyone chipped in...I'm not really positive how it worked out. I guess I should ask my dad. Anyways, when we first went up there it was a tiny little thing. Only had a few rooms, I don't remember it too much. What I do remember, is the swing we had hanging from one of the pine trees. I loved that thing. It swung you way far, and pretty high. Then the forest service guys made us take it down. Sad day.

Basically we divided the time at the cabin between the four brothers, my dad and three uncles. We alternated weeks and get it about once a month. Of course during the winter, you can't drive all the way up. Anyways, about 12 years ago we finally tore down the tiny cabin and started building the cabin we now have. I remember being up there as the walls got higher and higher. It was really amazing to watch it grow. We built it ourselves; I think the only thing we didn't do was lay the foundation.

Moving on...so it was me, my parents, my sister Ang, my brother Michael & his wife, Emilie, my brother Adam, his wife Sandy, & their kids, Cassie & Peter, my brother Jeff, his wife, Courtnee, & their kids, Rocco & Reggie, and my sister Gina, her husband, Lynn, and their kids, Alysa & Kaden. Wow. That is an awkward sentence!

Me and Ang went up at around 1pm because I was still trying to sleep off my food poisoning. We took up sidewalk chalk, bubbles, a frisbee, a football, and our longboards. We had plenty of activities! It was really nice to be up there with everyone. It seems like it has been ages since I was at our cabin. Last summer at some point. Anyways, hooray for a family outing!

View from Tibble Fork Reservoir.


Reggie & Cassie, on the porch.


Ang, Cass, & Reggie, blowing bubbles.


Reggie, looking adorable.


Cassie, way too excited about the bubble she just created.


Regg & Cass, in the wagon.


Peter & Rocco, in the wagon.



Ang and Cassie.


Gina, Ang, Alysa, Kaden, Lynn, and Regg.


Hummingbird!


Alysa, sitting on the porch.



Lynn, Alysa, Courtnee, and my mum.


Kaden, Rocco, and Ang.


Regg, being cute of course.


Alysa, Ang, Reggie, Kaden, and Rocco, playing with the chalk.

No comments: