27 July 2009

Abandoned Race Track

Back in the day, my family used to race go karts at a track just off Geneva Road. They eventually closed the track, & started racing up in Salt Lake. Anyhow, I had to take some photos for my class & figured that would be a good place to go. Me, Ang, & my Mom drove out there. Strangely enough, they never took down any of the buildings, stands, fences, or awnings. It was so overgrown! There were trees taller than me!

So we walked around the outside for a bit & eventually found a place in the fence that we could get through. We followed the track for a bit, but it was kind of freaky. It was so dense, you couldn't see more than a few feet out, & we could hear stuff moving. There ended up being some deer living in there.

We also stopped off at a few places. Mainly, Utah Lake. Too bad it wasn't cloudy. Those are the best kind of days. Well that's all. Oh, I am obsessed with power lines. Photographing them anyways. Hhmmm.....the end.

No comments: