13 November 2010

Times Square, Junior's, & Grand Central Station

Today was our last full day in NYC. Sad! Well when I got up this morning I was not feeling very well. Hhhmmm....I wonder why? Maybe because I have eaten out every meal for the last few days... Anyways, I went back to bed for a bit, & felt much better when I woke up. So then we got up & got ready for the day. We were starving so we hit the subway & went to Times Square. We wanted to eat at Junior's.

I saw Junior's on a Food Network show about a month ago & added it to my list of places to go while we were here. Apparently they make some amazing cheesecake. When we looked up their address a few days ago we discovered that it is also a restaurant. So we went there & I got a grilled cheese sandwich that was really good. My mom got a bacon burger that looked delicious (she said it was great) & onion rings (that also looked yummy). Then we got cheesecake. I got original & she got cherry. It was pretty darn good. Really thick & creamy. The crust is actually a thin slice of plain cake, so that was different.

After Junior's, we wandered around Times Square for a bit. We went in a couple of souvenir shops & I took a few pictures. We saw a guy with an 'end is near' sign (see below) & the Ferris wheel that is inside the Toys R Us store. We thought about going to a movie but figured we could watch one when we got home. So we caught the subway & got off at Grand Central Station & wandered around there for a bit. Got back on the subway & went to 59th & Lexington. Took a picture of Serendipity (I didn't get one yesterday...) & went back to Dylan's Candy Bar. We saw something when we were there yesterday & decided to go back & get it.

That's about it. Wandered around some more. It has been such a nice vacation; laid back & easy going. My favorite kind! I will be so sad to leave tomorrow! Our plane leaves at 8:30pm, so we are planning on going to Central Park & Soho. We are also going to eat at Lombardi's one last time. Then... we fly home!



No comments: