30 April 2011

Things and Stuff

Tonight me, Ang, & the parents went and saw Yanni in Salt Lake. We got my dad the tickets for Christmas because he has always been a big fan. Every time Yanni is on TV he turns the surround sound on and cranks it. I wasn't super excited but I used to listen to him back in the day... When I was like 13. Anyways, it ended up being a lot of fun! I knew a couple of the songs and Yanni was actually pretty funny. People kept yelling things at him and he would respond, which was funny. Then at the end of one song, a girl yelled, "If dreams come true, can I have a kiss?" And he laughs and says, "That was pretty clever... And it's going to work." So the girl runs up there and he actually had to lay on his stomach on the stage in order to reach her. It was pretty funny. He is almost sixty, but he was in pretty good shape! While he was down there he did a few push-ups...

In other news, I just finished up finals. Hooray! I had two major papers to write, a report and presentation, and three finals. I was so stressed! It is so strange to wake up in the morning and not have a ton to do. In a way, I don't know what to do with myself! It wont last long though because we leave for Europe in two and a half weeks. Me & Ang are going to do the Study Abroad in Northern Ireland. It is about a month long, but we are going ten days early with our parents. It is crazy because I have never been out of the country nor have I ever been gone for more than like ten days. So not only am I finally flying across the ocean, but I'll be gone for like 6 weeks! Plus, I will be in London on my birthday! Crazy talk!

We'll fly into New York, and we will get to spend a little bit of time there. I love New York! I'm so excited to go back! So then we fly from New York to Iceland, where we have a three hour layover, and then we fly to London. We'll be in London for about four days and then we will fly into Ireland. We are going to rent a car, travel along the coast and end up in Dublin. Once in Dublin, me & Ang will meet up with the school and Mom & Dad will head back home.

Well, I honestly can't believe we are going. It still doesn't feel real! I have a lot to do to get ready! Speaking of getting ready, I chopped my hair! I cut off like 9 inches! I want it to be easy to manage while I'm gone and I thought this would be a good way to ensure that! Anyways, I'll keep you posted! I will be taking my laptop and camera, and plan on taking a ton of pictures!

No comments: