19 May 2011

New York, New Jersey, Iceland, & England

Well we have finally made it to London! The last few days have been pretty crazy. We flew to New York on Tuesday morning, checked into our hotel, and went to dinner. We were planning on going to Fresh Basil's, which me & my mom went to last time we were in New York, but it was closed! I was so sad! So we kept wandering and finally ended up at Serendipity 3. It was really good. Me & Ang shared a frozen mint hot chocolate & it basically blew my mind.

The next day we ate breakfast at Pax and then took the subway down to Battery Park. We thought my dad would like it... Once there he asked if we could take the boat to see the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island. We agreed & got tickets. We didn't get off on Liberty Island, but Wwe did get off on Ellis Island. After that we took the subway to the corner of Mott & Spring, & ate at Lombardi's. It was amazing. I wish we could have gone twice! Mmmm.... delicious. After we ate, we headed back to the hotel to grab a car to the Newark, NJ airport. Somehow we ended up in a white limo, just like when me & my mom were there last November. It was pretty funny...

So we got to the airport, checked in, & boarded our flight. The first flight was 5 1/2 hours to Keflavik, Iceland & it was pretty miserable. The plane was really hot & none of us really got any sleep. We finally landed in Iceland & had to go through security again. Then I got my first stamp in my passport! Hooray! We got a drink & a snack, & then went to our gate. We had to go through Passport Control & I got another stamp! This time for leaving Iceland. So we boarded our plane & took off. This flight was only 3 hours. It was much better than the first flight! We all dozed a bit on this plane and before we knew it, landed in London.

Once in London we got our passports stamped, picked up our luggage, & grabbed a taxi. It was a pretty long ride from the airport to our hotel & we were all tired of sitting. I dozed a few times but then our taxi driver started entertaining us which kept me awake. We got to our hotel (Marriott), checked in, & laid in bed for like ten minutes. It was so nice! We knew we were all going to crash so we decided to get an early dinner & then go to bed. We ended up eating at the restaurant in another hotel (ours didn't open for another hour) & the food was pretty good. They didn't have Sprite but our waiter said they had lemonade that was the same thing. It was, it just had a strong lemon/lime aftertaste.

Well we are back in our hotel & everyone is already asleep even though it is only 8pm our time. It is strange to think that everyone back home is in the middle of their day while we are at the end of ours! That's all for now... I haven't taken many pictures yet, but imagine that will change pretty rapidly. Oh & my good friend Cali told me I would really enjoy the Fanta soda in Europe.... She was right! It is amazing! It is like sparkling orange juice. They even have crazy flavors like Exotic, Berry, & Lemon. I haven't tried any of those yet, but maybe one day!






1 comment:

Calipalooza said...

Hooray for Orange Fanta! Woohoo! I'm so glad you love it. Please drink it lots for me!