15 October 2011

Hawaii, Day 1

Well, I am in Hawaii. Hooray! It has been a very long day. I went to bed last night around 1am, woke up at 4am, and left for the airport at 5am. Our plane left at 7am & we had a relatively short flight to Denver. After a three hour layover, we boarded a plane to Honolulu. That flight was over 7 hours, but felt more like 20. I dozed a bit, but it hurt my neck. Anyways, we landed in Honolulu (which, by the way, was a very strange airport), and an hour later boarded a plan for Kona. That last flight was nice because it was only about thirty minutes. We got off the plane (at an even stranger airport), boarded a shuttle to the car rental place, got our car, and hit the road.

It was a short drive to our resort and there were some spectacular views along the way. The sun was just setting and the sky was gorgeous. We got our keys, and then grabbed dinner at a little pizza dinner called Bianelli’s. It was really good, and it was nice to finally eat a meal. All we had eaten thus far was a bagel in Salt Lake and some chips on the plane to Honolulu. The dinner salad was just romaine with a big pile of local olives and was delicious. After dinner we stopped at a grocery store to grab a few essentials and then went back to the resort. Now here we are and while it is only 9pm here, back in Utah it is 1am. Which means I have been going for 21 hours. And now that I can finally go to bed, I’m restless. Sigh. Tomorrow we plan on being pretty low key. Perhaps we’ll just spend the day on the beach. I’m totally prepared with some SPF 110 sunscreen.



2 comments:

sNick said...

I was just thinking of you and Ang TODAY and wondering what you're up to. Looks like you're off on another adventure! I hope you're coming back soon so we can hang out!!

Calipalooza said...

Gorgeous pics! Glad you're having fun!