16 October 2011

Hawaii, Day 2

I’m about to go to bed, but figured I’d write a quick summary of our day. I don’t think many people actually read this, but it is more for my benefit anyways. It’s like a journal & it helps me remember things! Take Ireland for example. Sometimes I’ll go back & ready my posts about it & it helps me recall all sorts of things from that journey. I didn’t always want to stay up & write about my day, but now I am grateful that I did. Anyways, we didn’t do a lot today. Angie got a cold before we left & was feeling pretty sick. Plus, we are all a bit jet lagged & trying to adjust to the time change.

So we went to breakfast at a country club nearby (I’m not sure how we ended up there… It just happened) and it was pretty good. We didn’t really fit in, but that’s alright. Afterwards we decided to just explore part of the island & just drove down the coast for a few hours. We stopped at a few places along the way & looked around. We stopped at a bay & walked around for a bit & saw some little crabs. They were adorable but kind of creepy!

It was kind of nice not having a plan. I tend to be the type of person that wants to know where we are going, when, & what we’ll be doing once we get there. So we returned back to our place, took a nap, & then headed into town. We stopped at a store, rented Thor, & grabbed some drinks & snacks. Then we picked up dinner at a little Mexican place called Los Habaneros. It was pretty good! Went back, ate dinner, made some plans for the rest of our time here, & watched the movie. It was alright. It had some funny parts but was pretty cheesy. Anyways, I’m off to bed. Night!

PS: I can't get my pictures to load, but hopefully will be able to tomorrow.

No comments: