09 June 2011

Study Abroad, Day 11 & 12

Yesterday was an interesting day... We had two lectures in the morning, one from Tony & one from Willie McCarter. We were supposed to have lectures later in the day, but they all ended up being canceled. I was not feeling well & so I took a nap. I slept for about an hour & then wandered around for a bit. I was pretty bored though, & ended up going back to bed. It has been forever since I took a nap! It probably wasn't a great idea because I felt blah the rest of the day, but what do you do? We didn't do much else that day.

Today, we spend the entire day in lectures here at Inch House. Dr. Terry Cradden spoke to us 9am about Northern Ireland politics. We had a short break, & then at 10:45am he talked to us about politics in the Republic of Ireland. We ate lunch & the listened to John McCarter speak about business in Northern Ireland. He mainly spoke about his family business, which currently makes Irish Whiskey. Then he gave us samples! Adorable! After his talk, we met with Seoirse O'Docartaigh, a local artist. He was very interesting to listen to plus he was an amazing artist. Me & Ang actually bought some of his prints at the end of his speech. We had dinner & then met with Nigel Gardiner. He is the deputy party leader of the Progressive Unionist Party. He was a very interesting guy, but pretty intimidating.

It was a long day. Since I napped yesterday I did not sleep well last night. Which, of course, means I was really tired today. Every time we had a break, I went outside & went for a short walk. It was a beautiful day! I walked to the road & listened to the sheep. They are pretty darn cute. Anyways, that's it for today! By the way, I showered a minute ago & must say that I sure miss my own shower. Add that to my list!

No comments: