11 June 2011

Study Abroad, Day 13 & 14

I fly home in like 10 days. Crazy! It is going by so fast! Yesterday we listened to a speaker, ate lunch, & then headed into Derry. We went to a museum, wandered around, & ate some dinner. We then met John & he showed us some more murals around the area.

Today, we had a speaker & then we went sightseeing around the area we are staying at. We first went to a tower called the GrianĂ¡n of Aileach. It was at the top of a hill & had an amazing view. After that we stopped at a round chapel (which I can't remember the name of...) & then the cemetery where Agnes Jones was buried. Next we went to the bridge in Buncrana (the same one we went to the concert at) & then a few other points of interest. We ended up at the beach, which was really nice. We saw a crab & a starfish (which needed rescuing...), & lots of shells. It was nice just to meander. After that we came to Inch House, ate some dinner, & then played poker. I have never played before but Diego was nice enough to teach me & guess what? I annihilated! I won the whole thing with my last hand (pictured below) & I was pretty excited! So hooray for Texas Hold 'em!

























No comments: