16 June 2011

Study Abroad, Day 17, 18, & 19

So it's been a while! Every night we get home I am too exhausted too blog... So I crash. Plus we have been working on our projects, which takes up a lot of time as well. Anyways, here is a list of the lectures we have had over the past three days:

Tuesday


CAIN (an amazing website that has a ton of documents & information regarding the Troubles)
Dr. Brendan Lynn

Peace Negotiations
Dr. Cathy Gormley-Heenan

Peacemaking in NI
Paul Arthur

NI Murals
Bill Rolston

Wednesday

Inter-communal Divisions & Community Relations
Grainne Kelly

Dealing with the Past in NI
Brandon Hamber

Young Father's Project
Youth Panel

Keynote Speech
Bob Collins

Thursday

Policing in a Transitional Society
Sam Donaldson, Tom Fraser, Amanda Leighton

From Prison to Peace: The Role of Ex-Combatants in the Peace Process
Ex-Prisoner Panel

Conflict-Related Commemoration: Challenges of Remember in a Society in Conflict
Dr. Kris Brown

So after the last lecture today, we all walked over to the Playhouse, a theater in Derry. We watched "Theatre of Witness", which was a production put on a few years ago. After watching the movie, we heard from three women that told us about their direct/indirect involvement in the Troubles. It was a very moving experience. Afterward we grabbed dinner & then headed back to Inch House. This is our last night here. Crazy! I can't believe how fast this is going! Tomorrow after INCORE we will get on the bus & drive straight to Corrymeela, our next destination. So we all have to get packed tonight & which is going to be a lot of work! I will be so sad to leave! Plus, Ang leaves on Saturday! Which is definitely sad!

Last night when we got back from INCORE, Tony had a big dinner planned for all of us. It was adorable! I have pictures, but I'll put them up later. Anyways, the lights were off, the candles were lit, & all the food was laid out. Adorable! Us vegetarians ate some mystery thing, but it was delicious! They have the best vegetarian options here! It blows my mind. I am going to see if I can get some of the amazing things I have eaten in the US. That would be most excellent! Anyways, that's about it for this evening. I am getting ready to go home, by the way. I am ready for my own space & to not live out of a suitcase anymore. That would be great. And to do my own laundry! I will miss the sheep though! And some of the people... Anyways... The end.

No comments: