01 June 2011

Study Abroad, Day 3 & 4

I didn’t take a single picture yesterday! Isn’t that crazy? Well yesterday we got up, got ready, & ate breakfast. Then the group walked to a bus stop that is about 10 blocks away, grabbed the bus & headed to the Irish School of Ecumenics. Once there we were greeted with juice & coffee, & were introduced to David Toombs. He spent the entire day with us & was super nice. We had three sessions of class before lunch & then a few sessions after. We then ended the day with a movie called “Holy Cross”. It was a long day! The multiple sessions given by Dr. Johnston McMaster & Dr. Cathy Higgins. They were both very nice & so smart!

Today, we did the exact same thing. However we were only at ISE until 5pm & we had different sessions. After we were done at school, we were picked up by the same bus that got us at the airport. Then we headed to Inch Island. It was about a two hour drive & the countryside was so beautiful. That if my favorite part of Ireland. I love it! So we arrive at Inch House, ate dinner, & then got settled. For dinner us vegetarians were served some sort of quiche, which I ate even though it had broccoli in it. Then I ate two bananas & an apple. Hooray for me!

The place we are at is amazing! The couple that runs it lives in a house next door & converted the stables into a dorm-type room. We are five to a room, which is perfect, so I am with Ang, Kat, Pam, & Rachel. My favorite people! After getting settled, the five of us & Nick headed down to the beach. It is a pretty short walk & you get to walk past lots of sheep on the way! Plus, we were told that if we got permission from the farmer (which is apparently easy) we can go visit the sheep in the field! I am so excited! Best news ever! I can't wait to frolic with sheep! Haha. So we walked around the beach for a bit (by the way it is the ocean, but is more of a bay...), we headed back to Inch House. I showered & then went in the kitchen & played Nerts with Leah, Jess, Daniel, & Diego.

After Nerts, I chatted with Daniel while editing some photos & now I am blogging. It was 1am here though so I need to go to bed! Tomorrow we have a pretty low key day, with a few lectures here at Inch House, but then we are going to a concert. I am pretty excited for that. That's all for now. Things are going great & I am so happy to be here.















No comments: